With Automatic Platform Optimization (APO) Cloudflare will serve your entire site from our edge network, ensuring that customers see improved performance when visiting your site. Typically Cloudflare only caches static content, but with APO we can also cache dynamic content like html so the entire site is served from cache.
Automatic Platform Optimization for WordPress, visitors to your site won’t suffer any slowness caused by common issues like shared hosting congestion, slow database lookups, or misbehaving plugins. This service is now available for anyone using WordPress. It costs $5/month for customers on our Free plan and is included, at no additional cost, in our Professional, Business, and Enterprise plans
- Ensure your site is active with Cloudflare name servers.
Install the Cloudflare WordPress plugin on your WordPress website or update to the latest version (3.8.2 or higher).
- Authenticate the plugin (steps here) to talk to Cloudflare if you have not already done that.
- From the Home screen of the Cloudflare section, turn on Automatic Platform Optimization.
- Free customers will first be directed to the Cloudflare Dashboard to purchase the service. For detailed setup instructions, review the Lite Reading section of this CommunityTip.
Quick Fix Ideas
- If the plugin isn’t recognised, note the WordPress plugin can only be detected if WordPress is running on the root domain.
- If it seems Page Rules are ignored, note that Automatic Platform Optimization (APO) takes precedence over Page rules, so the page is served from its cache even before it hits the Page Rules process. In this case you should:
- Add a Query string to the end of the
admin_main.phpURL If you access your URL adding an
?<anything>in the end of the URL, as if passing a query string, APO will be bypassed;
- Force Chrome web browser clicking
Disable cachein its Developer Tools;
- Move the
admin_main.phpto a subdomain as APO will only work on the root and
www, moving to a subdomain will bypass it; or
- Disable APO completely in Dashboard > Speed > Automatic Platform Optimization for WordPress > -> Switch to Off
- You’ve enabled APO but it’s not working on your site. Check to ensure your site is active and using Cloudflare name servers. Note that APO won’t work on a partial partner setup where you are not using Cloudflare name servers.
Expert Comments Appreciated
This Community Tip will remain open for input from Community experts and those familiar with APO. We really appreciate comments that start with things like, “try this first, it is useful when”, “I’d edit this”, or “that will work if you”.
This is a Cloudflare Community Tip, to review other tips, click here.
Çevirmek…traduzir…翻译…traducir…Traduire…Übersetzen… Translate this Tip