/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

Hi there, anyone ever experienced some issue with the /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php ?

My website runs in a hostgator dedicated server that is being droped down by attacks or an “internal error”…

I’m trying to cover all possibilities here, so i will show you 2 screenshots from my SSH:

This one when the server was shutted down: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

And this other one in the hour 12:20 Imgur: The magic of the Internet

And all other hours are the same processes and IP’s. (i do not have mod_Cloudflare yet, so it show Cloudflare IP’s)

1. In the case of an “internal error” i searched this :Very High Memory and CPU use on Admin-Ajax | WordPress.org
    … that let me to this: How to Use Ajax with PHP in WordPress (Step-By-Step Guide)

Then i installed and configured the Heartbeat Control to cover the possibilite of an “internal error”.

1. But those SSH log’s seems to indicate a DDoS attack, so then there is the thing, i’m a Cloudflare pro customer and i configured a heavy firewall from all Cloudflare recommendations from this two topics:

a) https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/228325187-Hardening-WordPress-Security

b) Page Rules

… and i tryed to harden the security even more configuring WAF rule not to igonre wp-admin in Package: Cloudflare Rule Set WP0003: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

And i too have a zone lockdown for wp-admin and wp-login.php properly configrued…

So, if this is an attack, is passing through Cloudflare… and NOT JUST THAT, i have Premium Wordfence too… If this is trully an attack, then Cloudflare is being just for nothing (which i find hard to believe).

So, anyone ever experienced any similar problem?

Thank’s for the attention!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.