Wordpress Connection Error

Hello,

i have a Problem with my selfhosted Wordpress. I think its caused by the cloudflare…
For my wordpress it isn’t possible to contact wordpress.com for Plugins and Updates.

“The REST API has found an error”
"Your website cannot reach WordPress.org at 198.143.164.251 and returned the error: cURL error 6: getaddrinfo() thread failed to start "

When i am turining the Proxy-Mode off and only uses DNS everthings works fine…

Any idea what it could be?

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

May I suggest looking into below topic as this issue has come already before:

Helpful articles:

Furthermore, do not skip below step and kindly re-check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host to as follows in the below article:

Nevertheless, Cloudflare IP addresses list can be found here:

Also good to consider:

1 Like

Many thanks for your replay. The Error is still there.
I switched from the “Full”-SSL to the “Full Strict”-Mode. Nothing changed.
Before Cloudflare i used a normal Lets Encrypt Cert.
When i am turning off the “Proxied Mode (Organe Cloud)” and only uses Cloudflare DNS my site still uses the Lets Encrypt Cert and i have no Errors on my Site. When I switch back to Cloudflare, the errors reappear.

I don’t use Wordfence and also turned of the Server-Firewall for troubleshooting but nothing changed.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.