Zone_set err_code 701

We have been experiencing for the past 5 or 6 days the following error when we use “zone_set” from the host API explained on Cloudflare Hosting Provider API | Cloudflare | The web performance & security company .

All our servers are giving the same exact error back and I would like to know when this would be fixed.

stdClass Object
(
[request] => stdClass Object
(
[act] => zone_set
[zone_name] => zone.tld
)

[result] => error
[msg] => An unknown CloudFlare error has occurred during zone creation and has been logged. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will fix the problem promptly.
[err_code] => 701

)

Have there been changes in the API where we are not notified about?

Unfortunately, it appears you’re impacted by the below issue that should have been communicated to hosting partners:

Wauw, no heads up, love it. We used this method for years…

So I guess that this means we are unable to ever create zones this way? We are required now to change our customers nameservers to Cloudflare?

I have a lot of customers complaining currently about this feature not working and we are not willing to make our customers change their nameservers to Cloudflare, thats just mental.

The thing that makes me mad about this whole situation is pure the fact that there are no heads up given and as a customer you are just left in the dark. I hope they will change their minds about this.