Zone Hold error for domain not using Cloudflare

Another person is transferring ownership of 2 domain names to me. When I log into Cloudflare, click Add Site and add the domain names, I immediately get this error: The zone name provided is subject to a hold which disallows the creation of this zone.

The current owner does not use Cloudflare. There’s a chance someone earlier may have used Cloudflare but neither he nor I have access to this.

The current owner has full control of the domain and DNS. I already have the authorization code to transfer this domain, so this error message is preventing me from moving forward.

I tried opening a support ticket (3234076) which promptly auto-closed because your bot detected the domain mentioned in the ticket, saw that I was not the owner and closed the ticket.

When I call the toll-free number for Cloudflare, the automated message says to email support@cloudflare. Did that. Promptly got an auto reply email stating that the email address cannot be used for support.

Need help.

I do see both of the domains you are referring to are already active on Cloudflare

You can find more details about the Zone Hold feature in our documentation:

You will need to contact the owner of the Cloudflare account where the zone is active so they can disable Zone Hold for this zone.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.