Zoho Sites fails to verify Cloudflare domain (Map a network drive remotely using DDNS & WebDAV)

• My goal is to map a network drive (Synology NAS) remotely using DDNS and WebDAV.
  • I was following along with this instructions: How to Map a Network Drive Remotely | DDNS-fu on Our Synology
  • I purchased/registered a domain with Cloudflare @ 18:47 PDT this evening.
  • I am trying to use Zoho Sites to host the website for free.

Here are my settings under Cloudflare’s DNS management

Here are the instructions + error being thrown by Zoho

Follow the steps below:

1. Login to your domain provider’s administrative console.

2. Set domain forwarding for hinasso us to hinasso us

3. Set CNAME for ja6nnr3l8 and point it to zhs zohosites com

4. Set CNAME for www and point it to zhs zohosites com

5. Save the changes.

Note: Domain changes usually take one or two hours, but it could take a little longer depending on your domain vendor.

Your domain cannot be verified. Please set CNAME for ja6nnr3l8 and point it to zhs zohosites com

What am I doing wrong? Any recommendations on how to configure my DNS settings properly? And more importantly - anyone else have experience on how to map a network drive remotely using DDNS and WebDAV.

#setup #reliability

They’re probably looking for the DNS query to return their zhs.zohosites.com CNAME - which it’ll never do since you have the records proxied.

3 Likes

Same happens with verification for custom hostname’s for my Zoho Desk :slight_smile:

Yes for Zoho the domains need to have orange cloud proxy disabled.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.