Zero Trust IOS apps show no internet

Hello Community!
I have been getting started with Zero Trust and am at a loss for 2 apps I run on my iPhone.
I have Amcrest Smart Home for my video doorbells and I also have a Sense Home Energy Monitor.
These apps work fine when I have the vpn off however when I fire up the vpn both apps show no internet. I have tried checking the logs and don’t see anything being blocked that pertain to the apps I also have disabled all rules and same results. I do have the certs pushed to my IOS device.
I just reached out to both companies to see if I can get a list of FQDNs or URLs the apps require.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

It’s possible those apps use cert pinning or transmit non standard traffic over https. Try creating a Do Not Inspect policy for whatever hosts the apps connect to or a split tunnel policy to bypass Warp entirely for those hosts

2 Likes

Thank You @cscharff this would be it. I added a few and that was it - I’m now trying to fix the apple app store :slight_smile: once i get a list ill post it here for other people.

2 Likes

App Store and other more common apps have prebuilt selections you can use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.