Zero Trust Dashboard Virtual Networks

Is it possible using tunnels configured by the zero Trust Dashboard to setup virtual networks I don’t see the option.

Is this something I need to do in the docker container? I can’t seem to find where to add this. Here’s what I have.

version: "3.9"
services:
  tunnel:
    container_name: network-cloudflared-tunnel
    image: cloudflare/cloudflared
    restart: unless-stopped
    command: tunnel run
    environment:
      - TUNNEL_TOKEN=xyz

Not sure where I would add this from the example provided in the link.

cloudflared tunnel vnet add staging-vnet

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-apps/private-net/tunnel-virtual-networks/

Those settings aren’t in the UI yet. Until it is added to the UI, you’ll need to run that from another cloudflared client (any client that’s logged into your tenant). You’ll notice the docs say:

The following steps may be executed from any cloudflared instance.

I downloaded the cloudflared application on my Windows / WSL2 Linux box, logged in, and ran the commands from the CLI. That allowed my Docker container tunnel to function properly. The CLI isn’t creating a tunnel from your admin workstation, but rather creating a virtual network and assigning your Docker tunnel to it. I did not need to modify the Docker run commands provided by the portal when creating the tunnel…aside from allowing host networking (for my use case)

Be mindful using Docker compose can have unintended networking consequences. If you’re trying to reach the Docker bridge, for the given Compose stack that should be fine. Just something to consider.

1 Like