Zero downtime failover

I have 3 hosts serving same content.
I have entered all 3 IPs under same name in cloudflare DNS, and according to doc, zero-downtime failover should kick in automatically.
But it does only partially. Looks like it chooses 2 origins for any client IP, and switches only between those two.
I’ve set up script, making HTTPS requests and reporting from which origin it got response. Lets say those are s1 s2 and s2. Normally requests get server by s1, if i shutdown that one, s2 responds, without loosing any request - it gets rerouted as mentioned in doc. But if i shutdown s2 also, request never reaches s3, instead i start getting 521 errors, despide that one is up and running.
If i try from different IP, i can get some other combination, for example s2 and s3 responding, but request never goest to third origin anyway, s1 in that case.

That might be a limitation of the existing system. I suggest you open a ticket and ask about this. I’d love to hear what they discover.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.