Zaraz has js error, consent modal not shown

Hello,

we are using Zaraz consent manager, and all seemed to be working fine. However, since yesterday, the consent modal does not pop up anymore.

When looking at the Console I see that s.js (Zaraz main) drops with the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘push’)
at s.js?z=JTdCJTIyZXhlY3V0ZWQlMjIlM0ElNUIlNUQlMkMlMjJ0JTIyJTNBJTIySG9tZSUyMCU3QyUyMFplcm9jb3B0ZXIlMjIlMkMlMjJ4JTIyJTNBMC40NjU1OTAxNzEyMTUxOTI0JTJDJTIydyUyMiUzQTM4NDAlMkMlMjJoJTIyJTNBMjE2MCUyQyUyMmolMjIlM0ExODAyJTJDJTIyZSUyMiUzQTE3NjYlMkMlMjJsJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJyJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJrJTIyJTNBMjQlMkMlMjJuJTIyJTNBJTIyVVRGLTglMjIlMkMlMjJvJTIyJTNBLTYwJTJDJTIycSUyMiUzQSU1QiU1RCU3RA==:7:1681
at s.js?z=JTdCJTIyZXhlY3V0ZWQlMjIlM0ElNUIlNUQlMkMlMjJ0JTIyJTNBJTIySG9tZSUyMCU3QyUyMFplcm9jb3B0ZXIlMjIlMkMlMjJ4JTIyJTNBMC40NjU1OTAxNzEyMTUxOTI0JTJDJTIydyUyMiUzQTM4NDAlMkMlMjJoJTIyJTNBMjE2MCUyQyUyMmolMjIlM0ExODAyJTJDJTIyZSUyMiUzQTE3NjYlMkMlMjJsJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJyJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJrJTIyJTNBMjQlMkMlMjJuJTIyJTNBJTIyVVRGLTglMjIlMkMlMjJvJTIyJTNBLTYwJTJDJTIycSUyMiUzQSU1QiU1RCU3RA==:239:4611
(anonymous) @ s.js?z=JTdCJTIyZXhlY3V0ZWQlMjIlM0ElNUIlNUQlMkMlMjJ0JTIyJTNBJTIySG9tZSUyMCU3QyUyMFplcm9jb3B0ZXIlMjIlMkMlMjJ4JTIyJTNBMC40NjU1OTAxNzEyMTUxOTI0JTJDJTIydyUyMiUzQTM4NDAlMkMlMjJoJTIyJTNBMjE2MCUyQyUyMmolMjIlM0ExODAyJTJDJTIyZSUyMiUzQTE3NjYlMkMlMjJsJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJyJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJrJTIyJTNBMjQlMkMlMjJuJTIyJTNBJTIyVVRGLTglMjIlMkMlMjJvJTIyJTNBLTYwJTJDJTIycSUyMiUzQSU1QiU1RCU3RA==:7
(anonymous) @ s.js?z=JTdCJTIyZXhlY3V0ZWQlMjIlM0ElNUIlNUQlMkMlMjJ0JTIyJTNBJTIySG9tZSUyMCU3QyUyMFplcm9jb3B0ZXIlMjIlMkMlMjJ4JTIyJTNBMC40NjU1OTAxNzEyMTUxOTI0JTJDJTIydyUyMiUzQTM4NDAlMkMlMjJoJTIyJTNBMjE2MCUyQyUyMmolMjIlM0ExODAyJTJDJTIyZSUyMiUzQTE3NjYlMkMlMjJsJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJyJTIyJTNBJTIyaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuemVyb2NvcHRlci5jb20lMkYlMjIlMkMlMjJrJTIyJTNBMjQlMkMlMjJuJTIyJTNBJTIyVVRGLTglMjIlMkMlMjJvJTIyJTNBLTYwJTJDJTIycSUyMiUzQSU1QiU1RCU3RA==:239

Could anyone give me pointers as to where to look?

With kind regards,
Adrianus Warmenhoven

Additional information:
I do not see any request for i.js in the source, so I am pretty sure that zaraz init is not loaded…

And maybe I should also add that the site is: www.zerocopter.com

Our site propeltech.co.uk is also presenting the same JS error (started today)

1 Like

@andrew.brown1 I found the solution:

Add an exception for all managed rules to whatever path your zaraz tooling lives under (e.g. cdn-cgi) to skip security checks.

I think this is stupid because Zaraz is a Cloudflare tool and it should add itself to the exceptions, but here we are.