Zaraz, Google Analytics, and a custom Medium domain

Hello,

Reserve.org uses a custom domain at Medium for the blog located at blog.reserve.org What this means is it appears to be part of the Reserve domain, however, under the covers, it’s actually coming from Medium

So, in order to get tracking setup for the blog my initial instinct was just to use our GA4 tracking code in the Medium settings, however, I found out this is no longer supported which is pretty shocking.

I then decided to use Zaraz because all traffic goes through Cloudflare whether it’s going to the core web page, the web app, (register.reserve.org), the blog, or the forum.

So, my question is, should I be able to collect at least capture page views on a Medium (custom domain) blog using Zaraz? Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out do us. Answering your question, you should be able to collect at least page views on a Medium (custom domain) blog using Cloudflare Zaraz. Zaraz is designed to load and manage third-party tools (like analytics and tracking scripts) directly through Cloudflare’s edge network. This means that all traffic, including traffic to your custom Medium domain, can be tracked and managed using Zaraz, even if the traditional GA4 tracking method is no longer supported by Medium.

Using Zaraz should allow you to bypass the limitations imposed by Medium on GA4 tracking, as Zaraz handles the loading of tracking scripts from the Cloudflare edge.

For more information please refer to: Cloudflare Zaraz · Cloudflare Zaraz docs

Please let us know if you have other questions.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll test more.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.