Zaraz Custom HTML; Still need index.html page w/same script?

Newb here. Using FREE plan for it SSL / DDOS benefits for some time now.
Finally got around to using Zaraz this evening. Chose the Custom HTML option
and inserted the script (that previously resided on an index.html page.)

Normally, upon visiting my domain, the script would run and remotely load a 3rd party SAAS.
Otherwise, there is no actual website for this domain.

It’s my understanding that “normally” one would need a hosted domain/ ‘site’ in order to
even add it to a Cloudflare account, yeah? Now that Zaraz within Cloudflare has essentially
removed any reason to point back to the hosted index,html page/script…

My question is -

Do I even need the original index.html page/script to reside within my hosting account anymore?

Much appreciated

I just noticed that a Zaraz Debugger window is momentarily appearing
(in the lower left corner of the webpage when the page loads.)
I did not enable this, nor did I locate any option to turn it on/off anywhere)

Zaraz Debugger

Do I even need the original index.html page/script to reside within my hosting account anymore?

You do need a html page for the script to be injected into, yes. Did I understand your question/scenario properly?

I just noticed that a Zaraz Debugger window is momentarily appearing

This is unexpected behaviour that may indicate a bug on our side. A tentative fix should be rolled out early next week, but would you mind also sending us (feel free to DM if sensitive) the zone that you’re testing this on so we can investigate further?

The script, now within Zaraz, (points?) to a SAAS hosted elsewhere.
Do I still need the same script on my index.html page?

Not sure how to DM within this Community yet

Nope, you do not need the same script in your page source anymore.

For DMs* here you can click a user’s avatar/username and then click the message button in the top right of their profile to send from there. Otherwise, you can also share your zone tag from the overview page in your Cloudflare dashboard. Alternatively feel free to email me: ruskin [at] cloudflare.com

*EDIT: I DM’d you already so feel to just reply there. (DMs are reserved for staff / users above trust level 4)