YYZ 1.1.1.1 DNS unreliable

As of right now and yesterday at around this time I am unable to resolve accounts.epicgames.com on 1.1.1.1 but when switching to google DNS I am able to get a response and it works fine. I have checked the Cloudflare status and everything seems fine I have also tried purging the cache on 1.1.1.1

Edit: It’s resolving again but the same thing happened last night so i’m not sure if the problem is solved

Edit: Today I had trouble resolving telusidentity.telus.com as well as netflix.com yesterday evening

Edit: I have made a ticket with Cloudflare, it is request #1802092

It is unlikely that is time dependent. Also, “after 8pm” in which timezone?

Next time it does not work, run the following eight commands and post their output here

nslookup accounts.epicgames.com
nslookup accountportal-web-prod07-a-1540479709.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com

nslookup accounts.epicgames.com 1.1.1.1
nslookup -type=cname accounts.epicgames.com 1.1.1.1
nslookup accountportal-web-prod07-a-1540479709.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com 1.1.1.1

nslookup accounts.epicgames.com 1.0.0.1
nslookup -type=cname accounts.epicgames.com 1.0.0.1
nslookup accountportal-web-prod07-a-1540479709.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com 1.0.0.1

nslookup accounts.epicgames.com 8.8.8.8
nslookup accountportal-web-prod07-a-1540479709.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com 8.8.8.8

EST and this was the output of CMD at the time it was not resolving on 1.1.1.1.

nslookup accounts.epicgames.com 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    accounts.epicgames.com
>nslookup accounts.epicgames.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

Name:    accountportal-web-prod07-a-1540479709.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com
Addresses:  54.174.117.100
Aliases:  accounts.epicgames.com

I asked for the output of eight commands, you posted the one of two, with one of them apparently not complete.

Again, if you experience the issue post the output of aforementioned commands.

I only have the output from the two as I still have CMD open from last night, but now its working. But they are both complete output

Again, wait until it happens again and then post the output.

1 Like

I added two more commands to run to the original posting.

Now I am having trouble resolving telusidentity.telus.com

Whats the output of

nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

id.server       text =

"YYZ"

It’s been acting very strange the last couple of weeks

Yep, there is most likely an issue with YYZ. There have been quite a few threads so far, nothing definitive, but all pointing to YYZ.

Best to bug support.

Yup, I thought so but the status page has shown nothing wrong with YYZ. Is cloudflare aware of the issue, are they working on a fix? I’d really like it if they could give us some insight into what’s going on

Cant tell. With one particular user I have been saying for about two weeks that he should file a support ticket, but it has been - lets say - difficult :slight_smile:

Whether the others did, I cant tell either.

I’d expect Cloudflare to be aware of it, after all there have been quite a few threads and the people responsible were tagged, however at the same time the issue has been going on for a while.

Cant tell either.

Best to bug support.

Where can I file a ticket for 1.1.1.1? The file a ticket page seems to only be for if you are having an issue with your domain

[email protected]

Where did you find this email?

This issue should be fixed now. Are you still seeing this problem?

1 Like

Yes I am still seeing the problem, can you provide more detail as to what is going on?

Can you post the number of the support ticket?

Request #1802092