You’ve requested a page on a website

Error 1000 Ray ID: 6a1423b66b45ecc7 • 2021-10-20 17:59:21 UTC DNS points to prohibited IP What happened? You’ve requested a page on a website (www.rapidsyouthsoccer.org) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system. What can I do? If you are the owner of this website: you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for www.rapidsyouthsoccer.org to resolve to a different IP address. Cloudflare Ray ID: 6a1423b66b45ecc7 • Your IP: 2400:cb00:15:1024::ac45:4758 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Searching on this, I get: This error is most commonly caused by one or more DNS records in the Cloudflare dashboard pointing to a Cloudflare IP address. It can also be caused if your DNS record(s) reference another reverse proxy. To resolve this, you should edit your DNS records to point to your origin server’s IP address.

But wait - why is this happening. It was fine earlier - what changed? And why is cloudflare support non-existent - that is weird for such a big company - right?

Is the hostname in question using an A or CNAME record?

Are you using a partner setup, or is this configured on your own account?

Finally, are you the admin of that domain, or an end user?

A record
No idea - I am jumping in to try to solve this
Admin

Actually - this is our own account - but I am a consultant

That domain changed Cloudflare name servers 8 days ago. Do you know what was going on at that time?

You did get a reply 5 minutes after you posted. That’s pretty good support for a free product. If it’s something that can’t be handled in the Community, it gets bumped over to the help desk.

1 Like

I DO appreciate your help. I thought we were on the Pro plan - but just checked - your right it is the free plan. And community support has never worked for me before - hoping this time will be different. Anyway, I think 8 days ago I attempted to purge a single URL. I did not see that it worked so assumed that nothing was changed. Anyway, why would that break the entire site?

8 days ago, it was using different name servers, so that usually means it was on a different account. And that account would have the correct DNS settings that might not have been copied over to the new account.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Where do you see this? And do you mean it was changed at cloudflare or godaddy?

Public DNS records for that domain. Someone changed the custom name servers at GoDaddy.

Thanks - that is useful. I will do some checking on this change first before I make any changes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.