You are taking money from our account and we can't cancel!

Hi,

We have a couple of accounts with cloudflare for our different businesses. One of the accounts is connected to a business we sold last year. We no longer have any access to the domain name or email addresses for the account. And the new owner - before you ask - does not want to give us access to email or the dns or account in cloudflare.

This means we are not able to log in and cancel the account. However, we are still being charged $20 a month for the account. This comes from our bank account, every month and we can’t stop it because at the bank end and Cloudflare are refusing to stop taking money for it.

They insist the account is with the domain owner, but that is not the case. The account is with whoever pays the bills and that is us. We have had enough of getting a bill for over a year for something we don’t use and don’t want. I’ve sent statements, called, emailed and put in tickets. Have had officious replies from customer service reps and told that the issue is sorted out only to find more money taken from our account.

Would you be able to help us close the account, we can’t stop it from our end as the bank says it’s you that must stop requesting the monthly payment.

I have sent you a copy of the recent banks statement so you have the info about the payment. The website is WEDDINGVENUES.COM.

I’ll continue posting into the forum until I get heard and hopefully shame someone at Cloudflare into sorting this out. I don’t really want to do this but what else can I do other than close the company bank account.

Best regards,

Bob

Hi,

We have a couple of accounts with cloudflare for our different businesses. One of the accounts is connected to a business we sold last year. We no longer have any access to the domain name or email addresses for the account. Please can you stop taking money from us?

This means we are unable to log in and cancel the account. However, we are still being charged $20 a month for the account. This comes from our bank account, each month the bank won’t anything as they claim Cloudflare should do it.

We have had enough of getting a bill for over a year for something we don’t use and don’t want. I’ve sent statements, called, emailed and put in tickets. Have had officious replies from customer service reps and told that the issue is sorted out only to find more money taken from our account.

Would you be able to help us close the account, we can’t stop it from our end as the bank says it’s you that must stop requesting the monthly payment.

The website is WEDDINGVENUES.COM. I have sent you a copy of the recent banks statement so you have the info about the payment.
I don’t really want to do this but what else can I do other than close the company bank account.
I’ll continue posting into the forum until I get heard and hopefully shame someone at Cloudflare into sorting this out.

Best regards,

Bob

Hi @boborwendy,

Unfortunately, the community can’t help you with this. We have no access to your account and can’t sort billing issues. I’m afraid you will have to take this up again with Cloudflare or your bank.

1 Like

So no help available. I’ll carry on posting into the forum every day and maybe then I’ll get some interest.
Thanks for the help though,
Bob

Spamming the forums won’t help, you need to take this down the correct channels. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately we can’t help.

1 Like

I second that. Furthermore, @boborwendy, that would be a great way to get your thread closed and any additional threads hidden and reported as spam. So, I would strongly advise against such a spamming tactic.

It is not quite clear to me what happened here, but it would seem as if you handed the Cloudflare account - which had the billing profile associated - to the new owner. That was the first mistake.

You said you are already in contact with Cloudflare. What did they say to all of that? Also, post the ticket number here.

Should Cloudflare not stop billing you, then you can always contact your bank and do a chargeback respectively block Cloudflare from charging your card in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks @sandro for the suggestions. I’ve nothing to lose in getting the thread closed as the enquiry with cloudflare billing. They initially dismissed my request to stop taking money and then after I reopened it, they agreed to stop taking money, then have gone ahead and started taking money again.

So not much point going back and opening a ticket because they say one thing and do another.

And yes, my ‘first mistake’ was not closing the account first with cloudflare when I handed over the domain and website but it was a live business and I didn’t want to disrupt anything. I guessed wrongly that I’d be able to stop it with cloudflare later.

Have contacted the bank and they say they can’t stop the payments being taken. Hence I find myself here, wishing I could get on with my day and stop bothering others but left with no other option.

Maybe when it happens to someone else this thread will come in handy.

All I’m asking is to stop being charged for a service I no longer want and 12 months on am still paying for. If this gets the outcome I need then it’s hardly spam.

I added a reply and it seems that it has been hidden and will be ‘reviewed’. Any reason why?
Others will probably come up against the same issue and my bank can’t help and Cloudflare say they stopped taking money and then kept on taking money from the account.

Please let this post stay as others in the community may have a solution to my problem.

bob

My best guess would be that Discourse flagged it as spam for some reason. The posting briefly showed up, but disappeared before I could reply.

For starters I would suggest you post the ticket number here that you have with support.

1 Like

This ↧

Hi @boborwendy, I see the reply from the billing engineer on Friday indicating they are investigating this. Can you reply to their response from Friday to keep that ticket active?

+1 to that, personally I’d ask for a new number, but understand that is also a pain. Keeping an eye on the ticket for progress. Sorry for the troubles, @boborwendy.

Thanks, I’ll try and do that. Thanks for the heads up, glad to know someone is checking on it.

1 Like

Can you tell me where the ticket is?
I can’t log into the account I want to delete (hence the problems) but also can’t see where the tickets are in this account which we do want to keep.

Can you explain where I see the ticket you are speaking about. I may have just done a chat and they turned it into a ticket.

I looked at the help section and no link there and also no obvious way of seeing past tickets.
Here is where I was looking:

Have searched my email and nothing in it with a ticket link or reference that they are following it up. Can you point me to where you saw this info perhaps as that may also help me find out who at cloudflare is dealing with the issue and maybe I can speak to them somehow.

Bob

1 Like

Speak with your bank and say the charges are fraudulent

1 Like

Thanks @soldier_21Have given this a go but they say its with Cloudflare. Very frustrating.

The service works fine on a tech level, the billing and CS not so much.

I understand the profits a subscription business can generate, as long as the amount if low and the hassle factor to unsubscribe is set at a high enough bar, customers let it ride month after month.

Just seems immoral.

I support you sharing this. Hope Cloudflare does something for you. I’m considering using them but if they don’t help you resolve this, it shows they don’t have the level of customer service I am looking for in my service provider.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.