Www part of website not working

My domain was linked to shopify but I deleted it. Now the www part of my domain will not work but the root domain works perfectly. My root domain is pointed to Clickfunnels and it’s working. But no variation of my website using www works at all. After exhaustive assistance from Clickfunnels support, I have been told to contact Cloudflare support.

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE FOR ALMOST A MONTH NOW.

I got a reply from someone to create a ticket with support. I did that and all they did was mark it resolved without doing anything to help me.

i need this fixed.

1. The name of the domain about which you’re posting, your interest; visitor, owner, vendor, etc.
  2. Expected results & actual results? What did you expect to happen and what is actually happening?
  3. Steps you’ve take to fix it. What CommunityTips, ExpertTips, videos, directions, instructions, and advice you’ve followed to try & fix the issue?
  4. Screen shot of the problem.
  5. Specific error message & error code/number you’re seeing.
  6. If you contact Cloudflare Customer Support, please share the ticket number, we’ll share details from your Community post with Support.

Do you have a DNS CNAME record called www?

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt response. Please find my answers listed below.

Yes I have a DNS CNAME record called www. It is pointed at my root domain.

1. www.tagghopper.com. I am the owner.

2. I have set it up so www.tagghopper.com should forward to https://tagghopper.com. Instead, it forwards to https://www.tagghopper.com and gives me the following error “there was a problem loading this website.”

3. My root domain is pointed to ClickFunnels while my subdomain www is pointed at my root domain. I reached out to ClickFunnels support and after exhaustive assistance we could not fix the problem. I reached out to Shopify support, but they were absolutely no help. I think Shopify caused my current issue. I think it got corrupted somehow, like they didn’t fully remove the domain from their servers.

4. image.png

5. There is no error code given.

6. I reached out to support with ticket number 2534070 with a subject line “Cannot remove custom hostname” per a previous instruction.

Just for the record the root part of my domain works exactly as intended. It is only the www part of my domain that doesn’t work for some reason. For context I added my domain to Shopify. I asked them to remove it. I then added my domain to Cloudflare per ClickFunnels’ instructions.

Please see my forwarding rule below.

www.tagghopper.com/*

Forwarding URL (Status Code: 301 - Permanent Redirect, Url: https://tagghopper.com/$1)

-Jason

1 Like

Thank you for that detail, I do see the ticket with Support, it is open and I have added myself to it to track progress.

Clickfunnels, as a Cloudflare partner should be removing these records…unfortunately most of the time the request lands with an agent that does not know what to do. In these cases cloudlfare support can do the needful.

While we wait for Support, I’d encourage you to check out this utility created by our Community MVPs, Troubleshooting Custom Hostnames / Cloudflare for SaaS when moving provider. Continue in the #tutorial to the part about liberate the hostname*, that process will get you back on the road very quickly. Post if you encounter any issues and let us know how it’s going.

Hello,

I ran across the liberate the host name tutorial and tried it and it didn’t fix my issue. I have been frantically trying to resolve this for weeks and no one has been able to fix it. I searched through the community for tips, I contacted Clickfunnels support, Shopify support and now finally Cloudflare support. I don’t know what else to do.

Thank you for your assistance.

-Jason

1 Like

We were seeing some issues with that last week but as of Monday it’s been working well. Did you try recently?

Hello,

I just tried it again and it’s still doing it.

I deleted my history/cache too just to rule that out and it’s still doing it.

-Jason

Hello,

Any update on this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

-Jason

Hello,

Any update on this? Your help is greatly appreciated. I don’t know what else to do to fix it.

-Jason

Hi there, I’m the person behind Liberate the Hostname. I don’t see any mention of www.tagghopper.com anywhere in the system. What happens when you try to submit?

1 Like

Hello,

I have now used the liberate the hostname service twice. It didn’t fix my problem either time. My www subdomain does not work. I still get the same error message “There was a problem loading this website.”

-Jason

Hello,

Still facing the same issue. I need someone to fix this or tell me how to fix it. PLEASE HELP.

-Jason

Hello,

Any update?

-Jason

I’d go with the steps from below:

1. Write about this to ClickFunnels to remove both your naked domain and www from them.
  2. Write about this to Shopify to remove both your naked domain and www from them.
  3. Use above mentioned tool for both your naked domain and www.
  4. If still nothing, write a ticket to the Cloudflare support and share your ticket number here with us so we could escalate your issue.

Otherwise, do a redirect using a Page Rule from www to the naked domain hostname and use naked domain for further using the tutorial from below:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response. All of these steps have been done and my problem still exists. Why do you think I am so angry about this?

-Jason

Hello,

This issue seems to be finally resolved. Thank you to all that have helped.

-Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.