Wrong Railgun State?

I recently had issues with my sites taking 100 seconds to load. It turned out that the delay was caused by Railgun and the issues resolved instantly when I deactivated it.

I contacted my hosting provider and they told me that they don’t have Ralgun installed on the server where my site is, as they don’t offer it for the plan I use.

The thing is that when I visit my sites’ settings in Cloudflare’s dashboard Speed > Optimization > Railgun™ the Railgun State appears as “Active” with a green check mark, next to my hosting provider’s name.

Is this a mistake? Is the status wrongly reported as “Active” or not?

Does anyone have an idea?

Considering that this post has had 40 views (two from me), I don’t think we have an explanation for what you’re seeing. I looked at my Railgun page and some docs and don’t know why this end would think it’s active if the other end is not.

I suggest you open a ticket via email: support AT cloudflare DOT com and then post the ticket # here so we can escalate it.

I sent an email to the address you shared. Here is the number 2329237.

OK. I just received a second automatic email which mentions that the issue is now solved!

Should I take any action to reopen it?

It sounds like the ticket auto-closed. You probably still see it listed as Active. I’ll escalate the ticket so they can take a look at your account.

I’m not sure where to check to see if it is listed as “Active”. I only see Status "Solved ".

Sorry, I meant if your Railgun still shows as Active. Does it?

I thought you were talking about the ticket.

Yes, Railgun still shows as “Active” for both of my sites which reside on the same origin server.

1 Like

Looking at the ticket now

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for flagging it. I do not see Railgun headers being sent from the domain which means it is not connected to your website. The dashboard shows active may be because you might still have some configurations left on your server. Kindly delete those. We do not have any active Railgun team since the product is going to be deprecated soon.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/railgun/user-guide/optimized-partner-api/enable-and-disable-connections

1 Like

Thanks for flagging it. I do not see Railgun headers being sent from the domain which means it is not connected to your website.

I have deactivated Railgun. With Railgun active the load time for the sites had a delay of 100 seconds, so I had to turn it off from Cloudflare’s dash.

The dashboard shows active may be because you might still have some configurations left on your server. Kindly delete those. We do not have any active Railgun team since the product is going to be deprecated soon.

I’m on shared hosting, so I’m not able to make any changes to the server. According to the hosting provider they haven’t installed Railgun on the server.
If you wish to investigate this further you have to contact them directly.

Anyway, I personally will keep Railgun deactivated since it was giving me major load time delays, regardless if this is a Railgun issue or a matter of configuration on the origin server, in case it is installed and misconfigured.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.