Wrong origin server ip

We have major issue with this website, we changed the nameservers but when we have set new nameservers the ip that took from system was from Cloudflare and not origin servers ip.

THE PROBLEM: The old hosting server is alive but we can’t reach the representative to have the ip and setup her, also Cloudflare don’t show the orgin servers ip, as result we have set an ip to point an under maintenance webiste.

Please we need the origin server ip when the website was pointing to old (now again active) nameservers

Atm we have set again nameservers eva[dot]ns[dot]Cloudflare[dot]com sam[dot]ns[dot]Cloudflare[dot]com but we still getting results from dell[dot]ns[dot]Cloudflare[dot]com toby[dot]ns[dot]Cloudflare[dot]com

Support Center closed ticket straight, answer here

I NEED ASAP the origin ip,

Please someone help

This is normal. For proxied :orange: DNS records you will see a Cloudflare IP address instead of the origin IP address. Proxying is how Cloudflare can cache resources and protect against attacks.

You can see the real origin IP in the Cloudflare dashboard → DNS. If you deleted/modified the DNS record you can recover the old origin IP in the Audit Log.

1 Like

But i dont have access in that Cloudflare account… yeah in mine i can do whatever i want to

If you do not control the Cloudflare account the domain is in, then you won’t be able to see the real origin IP address.

So BECAUSE OF Cloudflare error … mistake… bug whatever you wanna say it website has fallen and we can know a simple ip address to point again back till we find a way to transfer website. Yeah… sure… legal department has been informed for this.

Cloudflare is responsimple for the downtime, NOT US , we added the website into Cloudflare new account, they said ok, thats the A records… then simply reveal an error 1001 because they transfered their ip address and not the origin server ip as they should right?

We did the change from Cloudflare nameservers to Cloudflare nameservers and we have down the website.

Cool, it will be nice to see what legal department will send bacause of this.

Given you wish to go the legal route then I will close this.

1 Like