Wrangler: Unable to tail anymore

Hi,

I just keep getting this error message since a few minutes, was working fine for months.
It’s like I exceeded a limit. I am trying to debug some code.

wrangler tail --port 6868 --metrics 6870
:peacock: Setting up log streaming from Worker script “xxxxxx”. Using ports 6868 and 6870.
Closing tail session…
Error: :warning: Code 10059: workers.api.error.max_tails_per_script_exceeded
:male_detective: See documentation

I checked the documentation, googled it and was not able to find any information about that error.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hi,

I’m hitting the same issue:

$ wrangler tail | jq -c .logs.message
:peacock: Setting up log streaming from Worker script “cf-sitepages”. Using ports 8080 and 8081.
Closing tail session…
Error: :warning: Code 10059: workers.api.error.max_tails_per_script_exceeded
:male_detective: See documentation

I’m on a very flaky mobile connection so the tunnel has dropped a lot over the last few hours (no idea if that might have contributed).

Cheers, Andy

Same thing here. I have no problem tailing in --env dev, but --env prod throws that same error…nothing else is tailing, and I practically never tail the prod environment…

I’m still unable to tail against my original script/route combo - as I’m only ‘tinkering’ at the moment I changed the script name and route (by putting -2 at the end), republished and I’m able to tail the new script. (not a good solution for an established site!)

hey there,
Stefano here, really sorry for the issues here, as I see there are many cases in this thread, I am not quite sure if you all seeing the same errors…

A fix has been released for the exceeded_limit , and you should be ok now with that.

However, you may see that error again, when you start more than 3 tails, without deleting the old ones within 24 hours.
That would happen if a tail connection, keeps longer than it is actually being used.

If you observe such an error again, the problem will go away, shortly after restarting the computers or virtual machines that opened the tail. Our platform keeps a maximum tail count for a single script.

That will happen, if multiple people or automated processes from your account, are trying to tail the same worker, pushing them over the limit.

Hope that helps!

Let us know if you have any issues

Hi,
just given tailing another try and can confirm that (in my case at least) the problem is resolved.
Thanks for getting it fixed.
Cheers, Andy

Hi,
I also confirm that the issue is now fixed.
Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.