Wrangler dev - node memory limit

I’m building a worker with quite a large npm module installed to it (on windows)

When I run wrangler dev the node process hits the default node memory limit of 1.4GB

FATAL ERROR: Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

I can see that there are 2 memory intensive node processes that gets launched, Cmd from task manager:

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE" C:\Users\<ME>\AppData\Local\.wrangler\wranglerjs-1.19.4\node_modules\worker-farm\lib\child\index.js "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE" C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\.wrangler\wranglerjs-1.19.4 --output-file=C:\Users\<ME>\AppData\Local\Temp\.wranglerjs_outputv5d7R --wasm-binding=WASM_MODULE --no-webpack-config=1 --use-entry=D:\CloudFlare\wavgen\workers-site\index.js

"C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE" C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\.wrangler\wranglerjs-1.19.4 --output-file=C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\.wranglerjs_outputDcOmj --wasm-binding=WASM_MODULE --no-webpack-config=1 --use-entry=D:\CloudFlare\wavgen\workers-site\index.js

Node ignores my NODE_OPTIONS environment variable for --max-old-space-size annoyingly

Is there a way to pass arguments to node so that I can pass --max-old-space-size to wrangler dev's invocation of node?