WP ROCKET - Critical CSS generation is currently running: 0 of 9 page types completed

Hi, I am facing some issue with using the function of regenerate critical CSS generation.

Critical CSS generation finished for 0 of 9 page types.

• Critical CSS for front_page not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for home not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for page not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for post not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for product not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for wpautoterms_page not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for xlwcty_thankyou not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for category not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website
  • Critical CSS for product_cat not generated. Error: CloudFlare protection prevents the service from accessing the website

This is what error i get. I have contacted the wp-rocket support and they ask me to whitelist 2 ips.
I have done it but still this happened. So they asked me to contact Cloudflare to see how can I solve this issue.

You Whitelisted the IP addresses in the Firewall settings page?

Are you seeing these errors in the Firewall Events Log in your Cloudflare dashboard?

Yes I Whitelisted them and addded a firewall rules.

and i didn’t see any firewall events log errors in my cloudflare dashboard too.

also make sure your server and wordpress are seeing visitor’s real ip address and not cloudflare’s IPs https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/sections/200805497-Restoring-Visitor-IPs

sorry, I have no idea what you are saying here… please elaborate more :slight_smile:

This issue is cloudflare is preventing my wp-rocket to run the access.
and the IP adderss is given by wp-rocket support so it won’t be wrong

I’m not entirely sure why you’d need to whitelist IP addresses. Are either one of those your web server itself? If not, then I definitely suggest you whitelist your web server’s IP address. That way it can make a call to itself and not get blocked.

I will just copy the reply from wp-rocket support :slight_smile:
It’s not my web server itself.

|### Shelley from WP Rocket|Sun 21 Oct, 00:35 (6 days ago)||![]

This is Shelley with WP Rocket.

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. The Critical Path CSS is generated by our tool, which is hosted externally. That means it visits your site in order to extract the critical path CSS. However since it is an external website, Cloudflare may be perceiving it as a bot or similar that is trying to do some damage.

I’m not familiar with Cloudflare’s protection tool, but I would check if there’s a way to whitelist these IP addresses:

If that doesn’t help, you would have to check with Cloudflare’s support about allowing access to our tool.

Let me know how it goes,
Cheers!

Do you know why i need to whitelist IP addresses now?

A quick test would be to go to the Overview tab of your Cloudflare Dashboard and use the Advanced link to “Pause Website.” This way you’ll completely bypass Cloudflare’s firewall. See if you can generate the CSS. Then Un-Pause the website.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.