Workers Subrequest Limit is a lie?

Hi all,

Could you please help me to understand about subrequest limits.

According to Limits · Cloudflare Workers docs, on the Paid plan (the only available paid plan at the moment) my workers should have 1000 subrequest per request.

However, I keep getting ‘too many subrequests’ error at 49 subrequests.

Is there a trick or just simply a lie from Cloudflare that I’m missing? Is it possible to get 1000 or higher limit rate or just go to AWS?

Thanks!

P.S. The Customer Support has already closed my tickets twice, so it’s unlikely I get anything from Cloudflare itself.

Are you using the bundled or unbound usage model?

None of them. The documentation says they are both deprecated. I upgraded to Paid plan only two days ago, so I’m on something Cloudflare calls ‘Standard’.

Yes, you should have been migrated on 1 March so as long as it’s telling you “Standard” it should be ok.

Someone else may know more, but if raising a ticket make sure it’s an “Account” one if the zone is on a free plan.

1 Like

Did you create this worker after you upgraded to the paid plan?

Please post the ticket # here, and we can escalate it.

1 Like

No. I will try to create a new one. You’re the second person in 3 mins who suggested it.

1 Like

I created a new worker and new KV, migrated old KVs, launched several times… And now I’m even more confused than before:

1. there were no events in the dashboard for 45-50 mins;

2. now the number of events is blinking — sometimes 1, sometimes closer to real but still less than I manually count;

3. I caught at least 4 cases when the worker stopped working without throwing exception or error (OK in logs, 0 errors on the metrics dashboard). I suspect the limits again but can’t prove or catch it.

4. I tried editing KV values via the browser UI but this is nightmare. I delete a record, refresh page — it’s still there. Repeat a few times — OK.

It does not look like anything production ready. I used CF workers before but never spotted so many not working since at once.