Workers KV - key not found

So, I have an Apollo Server running on Workers. I was integrating Workers KV the other day into my application, and i’m now caching GraphQL query responses.

The other day… I was able to insert KV keys/values super quick and it was almost instantly available when I tried to get the query data from the cache (with the key). However today, it seems to be very slow and takes almost up to 60 seconds to find the key value.

Alot of the time, I get the following error on my KV Dashboard:
Screenshot_1|690x77

I inspected the response and it says the following:

{
  "result": null,
  "success": false,
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": 10009,
      "message": "key not found"
    }
  ],
  "messages": []
}

I guess my question is: Is there a delay between when I put a key/value into KV? I was under the impression that adding data to Workers KV was almost instant; however today it seems to taking a long time to see the new key.

How are you add the key/values via dashboard?

I had this issue when using the dashboard with long delays, not when running a worker.

@adaptive I’m not adding the key/values from the dashboard. I’m adding the key/values from inside Apollo.

Screenshot_2

As soon as I run the Query… I can see that the key has been made from the Dashboard, however it says the key was not found?

Keys, with no Value throw this error on the dashboard “This value could not be displayed. Please try reloading the page.”, making them unable to delete via the dashboard.

I believe you should contact support to have a look at your issue.

The keys aren’t empty. If I refresh a few times, the values show fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Solved :slight_smile: Library I was using was not using await to put key/value into KV!

2 Likes