Worker script deploy message is misleading

When I press deploy at a worker script I get a prompt like:

“This Worker will be deployed to the following route example.com/*

This message only accounts for routes that are from the current active site (on the top dropdown menu), while it appears to be deployed to every route that uses this script accross multiple sites.

This is very misleading.

They are actually both correct, it will be deployed to the [worker script name].[your subdomain].workers.dev route and to every route that uses that script on every domain.

It should say all the routes it will be deployed to, can’t currently confirm if when you select a single domain it will tell you all the routes or only that domain’s.

The part you can’t currently confirm it’s the only issue I am reporting. “This message only accounts for routes that are from the current active site”.

Do you have a route set up for that script?

Multiple routes accross multiple sites for the same script, but only the routes from the currently selected site appear in the deployment message. This is not a question, just a trivial bug report. Not sure if there was a better place to enter it.

When on the Workers dashboard…

If you use that interface to deploys what message do you get when deploying?
just workers.dev or all the domains where routes will trigger that worker

Hey @nunojpg, thanks for the write-up! You’re totally right, this is unclear. We’ve filed something internally to look into this and hopefully bring some clearer messaging to the UI. Thanks!

1 Like