Worker route not working

Hello!
I have a problem with Worker, namely I want to add response header for specific domains, I configured such routes: *example.com/*, *example2.com/*, *example3.com/*.
On the domain example.com and any of its subdomains it works, so does example2.com.
It does not work for example3.com domain, but it works for its subdomains (for example www.example3.com).

All three domains and their subdomains are in Cloudflare and have :orange: Cloudflare active in the DNS zone.

What should I do to make worker for apex domain example3.com work?

It’s quite possible that the Apex hostname for example3 is controlled by a Cloudflare SaaS partner. Can you get a Page Rule to Match: example.com/* to do something like a Forwarding URL, just to see if your account has any control over that :orange: Proxied hostname?

I created a Page Rule for example.com/* in which I set the Forwarding URL and when you enter https://example.com it should redirect to another domain, but it does not.

Then it’s most likely a domain that you had hosted with a Partner who has not released your domain from their Cloudflare account. You’d have to contact that host and ask them to completely clear your domain from their Cloudflare setup.

The problem is that the domain is mine, was registered with OVH and was not pinned to another Cloudflare account.

What then can I do to “free” the domain or “take control” of it?

If you are unsure who the previous provider is or they say they are unable to help you, please email [email protected] with the subject Cannot remove custom host name and details of the issue. Once you’ve done that you’ll receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Please post that here so we can escalate it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

I’ve escalated this ticket.

1 Like

Are there any updates on my problem?

I’m afraid not, the escalation is still awaiting attention.

And now maybe something has changed?

Not yet, however I am expecting it to get looked at today.

Hopefully you should have received an update on the ticket now @artuu.

Thank you so much for your commitment, help and answers. It turned out that under the domain example3.com I had a page created in Cloudflare Pages. I didn’t remember about it, and didn’t even realize that this could be the problem.
I deleted the page and everything is working now.