WordPress Website Updates take 2+ weeks to show updates

Updates to my Wordpress site are taking 2+ weeks to actually show up to users. I see them right away when logged in, but they won’t show up to the public for many days. I’ve tried clearing cache many times but that hasn’t worked. I have time sensitive updates that I’d really like to have live right away. Any help and suggestions are appreciated!

Do you have any example URLs that show old content? If you cleared Cloudflare Cache, the problem is often either browser-cache or a local cache on the server.

This is what should be showing. You can find the URL for the site at the top of the image and see the old content.

I should also note I’m using Divi for a theme.

Which cache?

There’s caching at your hosting provider, Kinsta.

(I’ve replaced your domain with example.com below)

>>> https://www.example.com/

> --------------------------------------------
> 200 OK
> --------------------------------------------

Status:	200 OK
Code:	200
Date:	Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:10:04 GMT
Content-Type:	text/html; charset=UTF-8
Connection:	close
CF-Cache-Status:	DYNAMIC
Cache-Control:	public, max-age=0, s-maxage=2592000
Last-Modified:	Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:03:36 GMT
Link:	<https://www.example.com/wp-json/>; rel="https://api.w.org/", <https://www.example.com/wp-json/wp/v2/pages/529>; rel="alternate"; type="application/json", <https://www.example.com/>; rel=shortlink
Vary:	Accept-Encoding
ki-Cache-Tag:	fb3b5ab2-51f5-486c-acdb-060d508b40b2,b8a5eac6d393d130e0e32991210c313b26fe5093deb0af86fcbffef08e3a0f3c
ki-cache-type:	Edge
Ki-CF-Cache-Status:	HIT
ki-edge:	v=20.2.6;mv=3.0.2
Ki-Edge-o2o:	yes
ki-origin:	g1p
X-Content-Type-Options:	nosniff
X-Edge-Location-Klb:	1
x-kinsta-cache:	HIT
Report-To:	{"endpoints":[{"url":"https:\/\/a.nel.cloudflare.com\/report\/v3?s=yRBvwVe8s750imJitl4xUBK3%2BsafM7f2SPtu4cJEKnb%2F98oxHdXizc4oJCmZJV%2F%2FfuRhzLi6vhCnoePTgsDutWBOggjAJTrKnObKBO%2BlrPmgTl72%2BXQFDRyhELcm34dhiJK5R8L6ydeL"}],"group":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}
NEL:	{"success_fraction":0.01,"report_to":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}
Server:	cloudflare
CF-RAY:	8593b0cb7af919e7-EWR
alt-svc:	h3=":443"; ma=86400
1 Like

I’ve cleared the Kinsta cache through the Wordpress plugin. I’ve also cleared the Cloudflare cache as well.

You have 2 different Kinsta caches:

X-Kinsta-Cache: HIT is the local Wordpress cache that is in use.
Ki-Cf-Cache-Status: HIT is Kinsta’s CDN cache (Cloudflare)

And then you have Cloudflare Cache via your CF account: Cf-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC, which is not active for the page.

So make sure you cleared both of Kinsta’s caches: WordPress Cache - Kinsta Handles It So You Don't Have To
Clear the local cache first, then the Kinsta CDN cache.