Wordpress website switch still down

Moved website from Square Space to Word Press hoping that would fix something. So far my site is still down and I am not getting any answers.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or if WP is not understanding whats going on. I need my site up, I have everything pointing as far as i know where it needs to be pointing.

I would like to use my domain with a WordPress.com site. In order to do this, I need to point my domain’s name servers to the following:

ns1.wordpress.com
ns2.wordpress.com
ns3.wordpress.com

Hi, the records look fine, thank you for sharing that detail. You may want to remove the screen shot that is showing the origin IPs (flag if you like and someone can do it for you).

I am seeing an error nxdomain, which I suspect is related to propagation, other ideas in this tip, Community Tip - Fixing the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error.

Ultimately, I’m guessing that DNSSEC is active on the domain and causing an issue with propagation. Did you recently change the nameservers to point to cloudflare? Odd results here, https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/acehardwood.com.

I was moving everything to Network Solutions and have had nothing but issues with them. So currently I am locked from transferring my domain anywhere, the NS went down in the middle of propogation, which is when I switched it back to Cloud Flare, cause I lost my emails… Now I have my emails but no website.

I want to transfer everything to one company, but can’t do that until next month. I need my website but truly have no idea what a DNSSEC is… I am not an IT person, I am the receptionist who is trying to do this since we dont have an IT person anymore. :slight_smile:

Understood & thank you. There will be/potentially could be a number of different companies involved in your site - a hosting provider that hosts your site, a designer that designed your site, your domain registrar where you bought your domain, and cloudflare to make your site faster & safer. Cloudflare does not host, but we do have a registrar service, but you’ll still have a few different folks involved.

For the issues right now, I’d like to focus on getting your site back. From there we’ll probably want to talk about email and final configuration, but first things first.

The first thing is to make sure all location are seeing your current name servers - two name servers from cloudflare and no others. Right now, it looks to be propagating, https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/acehardwood.com.

Your domain registrar is where you should have made the name server change from the old names to the two assigned by Cloudflare. If you’ve asked them to make this change for you more than 24 hours ago, you may want to contact them to see if they have DNSSEC partially active on your domain (it does not show as active, but does show partial records, so may just be a matter of time to propagate). It can take 24 hours (or so) for name server changes to propagate around the world.

I just made the wordpress site, its brand new.

When I looked at that My DNS they are pointing to Cloud Flare.

Hi @mparker, where did you look to see the nameservers pointing to cloudflare? I am still seeing a mix and still seeing issues with a partial DNSSEC setup.