Wordpress to Cloudflare, Email going to spam or not authenticated

Hello,

I have a wordpress website.

Newsletters, subscription emails and other emails are going to spam and even if i take them out of spam it is showing not authenticated. Someone told me about SPF and DKIM. please let me know what and where to add these records. My site is hosted on Blue host
Thanks

You have DKIM, which is good. But you have two SPF records, which causes an error.

A site I use for testing mail is:

Thankyou. Please let me know which one should I remove.

It depends on which host(s) you use for sending email. The bottom one is all Bluehost, and the top is websitewelcome…whatever that is. If I were to flip a coin, I’d get rid of websitewelcome. That one seems the least useful.

Thanks again! i have removed the entry as per suggestion. Now let’s see where email would end up. I’ll update here.

1 Like

Email is still going in spam… even if I take it out of spam, they are showing with question mark ie not authenticated
Please help

Hi,

You said above you’ve removed one of the SPF records, but they are still in place, as you can check by visiting: https://dnschecker.org/#TXT/girltravellingmiles.com

You need to remove one of these SPF records, which are in reality TXT records on your Cloudflare Dashboard > DNS page.

1 Like

Yeah, i am sorry… i removed it from buehost server. Now i have removed it from cloudflare as well. I’ll check again and update here. Thanks for help

1 Like

Hello… I have removed the asked entry but still my emails are going to spam… is there anything else I can do.please help. @floripare @sdayman

The two links I posted in my original reply should help troubleshoot. If you can get WordPress to send a message to the Newsletters Spam Test and post a link to the results, that would help.

1 Like

Besides the links @sdayman sent you, I’d suggest you consult Bluehost’s own recommendation for SPF records. Contact them to make sure what kind of record you need to set, whether you have a Legacy or a Rock account. Please note that their suggested SPF record does not contain the plus sign next to a and mx, and it does not (important!) contain your origin IP address:

https://my.bluehost.com/hosting/help/spf

Also, I’d suggest you replace “?all” with “~all” (They suggest you use the minus sign here, but I wouldn’t do this initially)

1 Like