Wordpress - some images don't appear when CloudFlare Rocket Loader is enabled

Hi, my WordPress site www.prime.net.nz does not display certain images when CloudFlare Rocket Loader is enabled.

For example on the home / landing page of my site, an image should appear at the top, but currently white space appears instead whenever Rocket Loader is active. I can however right click on the white space and successfully view the image in its own browser tab.

I have repeatedly purged all Cloudflare caches, as well as local browser caches, and nothing works. However as soon as I deactivate rocket loader in Cloudflare, the image reappears on the home page.

Last time I checked, perhaps a couple of months ago, this was not an issue, but nothing on my website has changed since then that I know of other than automatic updates of WordPress and plugins.

How can these images be made to play nicely with Rocket Loader? And why might only some images be affected?

Of possible relevance - the images were placed using the now depreciated page builder supplied as part of the WordPress theme called ‘PowerBuilder’ - this remains usable by use of plugin supplied by theme developer called Enable jQuery Migrate Helper.

Rocket Loader isn’t compatible with all sites. You can open a ticket and they’ll investigate. Even if you’ve disabled Rocket Loader, they can still run your site through Rocket Loader for testing.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Will do as you suggest.

Odd that for quite a long time Rocket Loader was successfully handling those images, then suddenly they disappeared, with the only way I found to bring them back being to disable Rocket Loader.

I would love a way to keep Rocket loader working for my site, as it makes quite a difference to speed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.