WordPress Site Health Error

Hi,
I’m getting 2 critical issues when I run the site health check on my Wordpress website:

1. The REST API request failed due to an error.
    Error: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

2. The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.
    Error: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

I’m fairly new to this and don’t know a lot of code. Googling the issue hasn’t been much help.
Any tips for a newbie on how to fix this?

I just ran Site Health on my Free Plan site and it passed. Both errors show the same problem: SSL. Does your web server have SSL configured for your site?

Yes, to my knowledge, it does.

Whats your domain for starters?

Assuming your server IP address ends in 150 it would appear as you only have a self-signed certificate on your server, which would explain that error. You might want to install a proper certificate on your server.

1 Like

I think my IP address ends in 185. The site is hosted on Siteground, but I have Cloudflare as my CDN, if that helps. Sorry, again I’m very new to this! Thank you so much for your help.

As far as I can tell your IP address should end in 150. That machine at least does return your website as well, but maybe you have it on more than one machine.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your IP address here? If not, you could also run a check against your IP address at sitemeer.com and post back here with the time when you ran it.

I ran it on sitemeer at 12:45pm Central time. It came back as 104.31.82.233 and 104.31.83.233

Not your domain, your server IP address.