Wordpress Site, Error 524, Error 403 - Hosting Provider says the error is at Cloudflare?

Hi,

I have a wordpress/woocommerce site (www.stylelanka.lk) and I sometimes get the error 524.
The hosting provider is referring me to Cloudflare and I’m no sure of what I need to do?

I always get the error when I update one product that have a high number of varieties.
The update takes a long time and I have found that the reason is somewhere in an Facebook plugin.
I would want the update to continue until it finishes with the tasks (including what’s required by the Facebook Plugin). What and where do I need to do a change to get this to work?

I sometimes also get an error 403, but have not been able to figure out when/why.

Thankful for all the guidance I can get in this.

5xx errors are due to connection problems to the origin server. If you see that 403 screen, can you post a screenshot of it? That one is likely coming from your server.

A 524 error indicates that Cloudflare made a successful TCP connection to the origin web server, but the origin did not reply with an HTTP response before the connection timed out. Review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks for your quick reply, the 403 screen is the following one:

That’s definitely from the server. Server logs should provide more information on this error. Your hosting provider should easily figure this one out.

Ah, I re-read your 524 situation. That’s clearly due to the process taking longer than Cloudflare will wait. One workaround is to put your server’s IP address in a local Hosts file on your computer so you are directly connected to the server for such admin tasks, thus bypassing the Cloudflare timeout.

When checking the console in Firefox it seems like the 403 comes from cloudflare though. See the following:

and

Cloudflare received that 403 from your origin, and passed it on.

The styling alone is a giveaway, regardless of what the error code is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.