Wordpress Rest API?

I’m currently troubleshooting a problem that I’m having intermittently with my website (wordpress) for at least the last couple of days…

The site will take forever to load and I’ve been getting two errors so far…

One is in my status checks with my plugin software that checks the status of the site. It’s saying…

Unavailable - You have disabled WordPress REST API.

And the other is with Google Pagespeed Insights where it’ll tell me that it’s having an error fetching the page.

As far as I know, the site then goes back to normal after a few minutes of this problem happening but it’s hard to tell, exactly.

I thought maybe it was a problem with the software on the site but it’s happening with ALL of the sites under the same domain, which made me think it could be some kind of Cloudflare issue or possibly a cpanel/server issue.

I’ve looked up ways to deal with this and most of them point to things that aren’t relevant like security plugins on the site (I’m using Cloudflare for most of my security).

Is anyone familiar with this problem and know what the issue might be?

That’s kind of interesting.

Have you tried temporary disabling the proxy :orange: mode by switching to :grey: (DNS-only), or by using the Pause Cloudflare on this site option? Does anything chage?

May I ask where do you get and see them?
Are they a WordPress errors, or they appear in the Console of the Developer Tools at Web browser, or Cloudflare throws some error?
Can you post a screenshot of them, if so?

All sites under the same domain, does it mean you are running multiple WordPress installation in different sub-directory, or you mean to say “webpages” rather than “websites”?

May I ask do you have any custom-made Firewall Rules, or using Managed WAF Rules at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain? (or blocked some country, etc.)

• do you see anything noted in Firewall Events log, if so?

I assume the SSL settings would be also to consider as a point of troubleshooting here (HTTPS connection).

Have you checked access.log and error.log files for any info?

Have you tried enabling the Debug mode for WordPress?

That’s kind of interesting.
Have you tried temporary disabling the proxy :orange: mode by switching to :grey: (DNS-only), or by using the Pause Cloudflare on this site option? Does anything chage?

I’ll need to catch it in the act again and get into cloudflare before it starts working again. Part of the problem with diagnosing what is going on is the irregularity of the problem.

May I ask where do you get and see them?
Are they a WordPress errors, or they appear in the Console of the Developer Tools at Web browser, or Cloudflare throws some error?
Can you post a screenshot of them, if so?

One of them comes from Optimizepress, which is a page builder that I use for my website. Here’s the error that it shows with them…

As you can see, at the top, it says that it’s unavailable and then when the site starts working again, it says available once again. That’s the only place I’ve seen this. It could be a misdiagnosis of some kind or it could be correct, I have no idea.

The other one where it talks about the inability to fetch the page comes from Google PageSpeed insights. Unfortunately, I deleted the screenshot of that, but it’s just a basic error saying that it can’t fetch the page. It probably can but it gives up too early as the site takes 30+ seconds to load.

All sites under the same domain, does it mean you are running multiple WordPress installation in different sub-directory, or you mean to say “webpages” rather than “websites”?

I’m running multiple wordpress installations under one domain. So one is at the main domain, another is at /members/ and then one is a xenforo installation, which isn’t wordpress, at /community/.

I’m running on a dedicated server and it didn’t appear to have any problems on the other domains when this was going on.

I looked at our file directory and I’m unable to locate access.log and error.log.

I’m attempting to download commitmentconnection_com.php.error.log but it’s almost 3GB in size, lol. Not sure what that’s about.

And I don’t know anything about debug mode for wordpress.

I did run a diagnostic from the Cloudflare diagnostic page and it gave me this as an error…

I’m not entirely sure what that’s saying though… is that a file that’s creating that slow speed or… what is that? And how do I cache it on Cloudflare, since I already have it?

Yep, it’s doing it right now, again.

For some reason, it likes doing this when I’m about to go to bed.

Here’s a screenshot of the error on Google PageSpeed Insights.

I just turned off the cloudflare proxy, not sure how long that takes to go into effect. I’m guessing quite a bit.

The last two days, we had two instances of the site going down for a minute or more, with a connection timeout error, according to uptime robot… just got another one right now, so this error is related to uptime robot thinking it’s a connection timeout.

Any other thoughts on what this might be?

LiquidWeb can’t seem to place this anywhere… they thought, earlier today when I contacted them, that may it was related to a Chinese IP address spamming the site but they blocked that and I turned on the Cloudflare firewall stuff so it’s probably not actually that.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.