WordPress plugins

This might be a long shot, however almost every time I update a plugin I get this error:

Update Failed: <!DOCTYPE html> <!–[if lt IE 7]> <![endif]–> <!–[if IE 7]> <![endif]–> <!–[if IE 8]> <![endif]–> <!–[if gt IE 8]><!–> <!–<![endif]–> hennahut.com | 520: Web server is returning an unknown error <!–[if lt IE 9]><![endif]–> body{margin:0;padding:0} Error 520 Ray ID: 49948b43eb27c89d &bull; 2019-01-15 01:25:10 UTC Web server is returning an unknown error <!-- /.error-overview --> You Browser Working Miami Cloudflare Working hennahut.com Host Error <!-- /.status-display --> What happened? There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed. What can I do? If you are a visitor of this website: Please try again in a few minutes. If you are the owner of this website: There is an issue between Cloudflare’s cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources. <!-- /.section --> Cloudflare Ray ID: 49948b43eb27c89d &bull; Your IP: 70.127.8.153 &bull; Performance &amp; security by Cloudflare <!-- /.error-footer --> <!-- /#cf-error-details --> <!-- /#cf-wrapper -->

1. Check your server logs for errors
  2. Check the Cloudflare Firewall Events Log for errors

I’ve had Cloudflare’s firewall block some Wordpress activity, but from what I see in that error message, it’s a server error.

Can you post a screenshot instead?

Of course it is like when your car is making a funny noise and you take it in and nadda, lol. Thank you for the response, I am going to check the log files and see whats going on, funny as I paying for hosting with Godaddy, totally spaced my DNS settings are forwarded to cloudflare. So I would assume it is off of Godaddys servers now.
Trying to understand all of that, lol.

OK did it again.

Ah…that’s two different errors, but the same sad result. :frowning_face:

The first time was a 520 (Unknown Error), and this last one is a 504 (Server timeout). Both are due to the server not responding to your request through Cloudflare.

Check the server logs…maybe even firewall logs.

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.