WordPress plugin: non-solicited purges

Hello, I’m having an issue with the WP plugin that sends Purge Everything requests automatically by the hour. I didn’t set anything on the configuration to send these requests. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
I have these rules for my website:
Cache Level: Cache Everything, Edge Cache TTL: 12 hours

But I will increase the time for Edge cache to a day or two and purging the cache when I needed via URL.

Someone already had that issue and solved it?

Thanks!

It sounds like you have something on your site that’s triggering hourly updates. It could be something as minor as a CSS/JS optimizer that generates new concatenated files each hour. In your case, it triggers a purge. In my case, it’s caused 404 errors when my caches are out of sync.

1 Like

Hi sdayman, thanks for the info. I’ll check.

I forgot to mention, but the automatic purge is disabled, my plan is pro, and purge hourly meets the pro ~one hour default expired time.

UPDATE: When I disable the Cloudflare plugin, the purge stops, no more purge everything in the Audit Logs, but soon I enable the plugin, the purge reapers. The log does not show if was an API request or not, it just shows the Resource: Zone.

Thanks!

In cases like this, it can help to get the debug output of the APO plugin to start with. This can be enabled by modifying the config.json file (Cloudflare-WordPress/config.json at master · cloudflare/Cloudflare-WordPress · GitHub) and updating it from false to true.

The Cloudflare plugin will then output to wp-content/debug.log (if debug mode is enabling and logging). To enable this, be sure these lines are present in your wp-config.php file:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);
define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.