WordPress Plugin for Cloudflare Images

Is there a plugin or plugin in development for the integration of Cloudflare images in WordPress?

This is required as more than 30% websites use WordPress in the world.

There’s community plugins for integrating Image Resizing but I’m not entirely sure how a plugin for Images would work since all of your images are hosted with Cloudflare on their custom domain (albeit you can access them through /cdn-cgi/ on your zones).

But, if it gets integrated in WordPress, uploading images could be simplified with the WordPress flow.

Same as S3 and Cloudfront is used.

At the moment, I don’t think I’ve seen any plugins for WordPress that more-or-less replace WordPress’ native media library as other plugins do with other service-types. Although I’d thought about writing a plugin for it, at one point, I’d opted to keep WordPress handling the media stuff as it natively does and simply use Cloudflare’s Image Resizing instead.

I’m using a Worker to rewrite all image URLs on the Web site, front-end and admin-area both. Using a Worker, don’t have to make a tonne of changes to themes, plugins, etc. to make use of the Image Resizing URL format . The Worker takes care of the URL rewrites.

There’s a WordPress plugin on GitHub that does similar. But, on a more limited basis though, and it doesn’t get all the images everywhere like the Worker does. That’s why I’d transitioned from a WordPress plugin to a Cloudflare Worker to rewrite the image URLs.

With that said though, Image Resizing wouldn’t offload the storage requirements from your origin server as Images does.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.