Wordpress email plugin

I have purchased a wp plugin that allows my wp site to connect to my gmail as a third party just like my Outlook does but the wp plugin is being rejected. My site is hosted with Godaddy and they said everything is fine on their end and suggested that it is probably a security firewall by Cloudflare that is blocking the interface.

LICENSE TYPE - “WP Mail SMTP Pro”

Please help!

Hi @jameshunteriii333,

What error are you getting or what issue are you having with the plugin?

Does it work if you pause Cloudflare? You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions. If the issue persists after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.

Hi Dom,

Thanks for reaching out! When I pause CF my site still will not send email.

No problem, if it still doesn’t behave as expected with Cloudfare paused, it must be an issue on the origin server. Sorry to send you back to GoDaddy after they sent you here, but it shouldn’t be an issue here. If you leave Cloudflare paused, it may help GoDaddy troubleshoot the issue without Cloudflare involved, then you can re-enable it once it is sorted. Please just let us know fi we can help further!

1 Like

Dom,

Here is the error message from WP admin:

Hi, I don’t see any error message in your reply.

Here is the error message generated from WP admin:

Versions:
WordPress: 5.5.3
WordPress MS: No
PHP: 5.6.40
WP Mail SMTP: 2.5.0

Params:
Mailer: smtp
Constants: No
ErrorInfo: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Host: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
SMTPSecure: ssl
SMTPAutoTLS: bool(false)
SMTPAuth: bool(true)

Server:
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019
Apache.mod_security: No

SMTP Debug:

2020-11-14 00:24:15 Connection: opening to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465, timeout=300, options=array()

2020-11-14 00:24:16 Connection failed. Error #2: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtpgmailcom465 (Connection refused) [/home/jhm2388/public_html/YLHFunding.com/wp-includes/PHPMailer/SMTP.php line 350]
2020-11-14 00:24:16 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

SMTP connect() failed github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

looks like there’s connection issue to smtp.gmail.com.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.