Wordpress Email Dns Problem

Hi,

I’ve a problem about my emails. There is no problem when I disable Cloudflare. I changed Proxy Statuses to DNS Only but still it doesn’t work. When I test my e-mails from WP Mail SMTP, it’s giving Error 524. How can I fix it? You can see my settings on picture.

Thanks

1 Like

‘mail’ should be an “A” record with your IP address, and set to :grey:. So delete the CNAME for ‘mail’. MX for your example.com should point to mail.example.com (your domain).

3 Likes

Hi again,

I made they, but it didn’t work. I have multiple domains in my hosting package. However, I use different ports for each domain. Any other settings needed?

Are the settings in the picture above automatically pulled from the hosting?

1 Like

It is still not correct. Please post another screenshot of your DNS records.

2 Likes

I was change it to first situation. Because I couldn’t access webmail and I couldn’t see my emails. Now I reset it to the settings you mentioned above. I don’t see the _dc-mx.3de…bytenpixel.com. Where is it? Mx content was just bytenpixel.com and now I change it back to mail.bytenpixel.com.

By the way, there is an warning top of the Dns records:
" A few more steps are required to complete your setup.
Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP."

My last DNS records is:

Thanks

1 Like

That’s the correct setting now. Just make sure any mail apps you have point to the ‘mail’ host for sending and receiving email.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. It happened. But I’m not sure why it wasn’t before with the same settings. Regards.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.