Im asking the community to confirm whether or not I am caching my website correctly, and if I am following the correct process when making updates to my site (i.e., disabling page rules, purging and enabling page rules). I followed an article (below) demonstrating how to optimise Cloudflare server caching for WordPress, Cloudflare plugin and setting up page rules.
I have also followed this article for setting up litespeed cache plugin:
It has improved results on GTmetrix, but only for
https://asgardcleanrooms.com. I get a bad result for
http://asgardcleanrooms.com. Is that normal?
Since setting up the caching between Cloudflare and litespeed, it has changed my worklow. Im just not confident that its correct. Now I have to enter Cloudflare > enable Development mode (Cloudflare) > disable the three page rules (set up in Cloudflare) > disable litespeed caching. Then I can make updates.
After making updates, I purge everything (from Cloudflare plugin) > enable litespeed caching > purge everything (via litespeed plugin) > disable development mode (Cloudflare) > enable 3 page rules.
Can anybody confirm that this process is ok? I ask because one day I noticed after visiting the website that the WordPress tool bar was visible, even after logging out. Naturally, I began to worry if people could access the dashboard. So I disabled the toolbar in my user profile, as recommended in the article.
NOTE: I have enabled the ‘Automatic Cache Management’ in Cloudflare plugin. But, it doesnt seem to show the updates immediately. Refer to articles provided re how I have litespeed cache, Cloudflare plugin and Cloudflare configured.
So to reiterate my quetions below:
- Is my workflow (outlined above) correct when logging into the dashboard and making updates in WordPress?
- How can I ensure that nobody can see the WP tool bar without disabling it? I like the WP toolbar!
- Is it ok to purge everything after an update, even if its just adding one post? (Can I update individual pages, how does it work?).
- Does it make a difference if I purge everything i.e. does it effect site performance? Or is that best practice?
- Essentially, am I caching my website correctly using Cloudflare (as stated in the article above), Cloudflare plugin and litespeed cache plugin (also as stated in an article above).
Does anybody follow the same process and cache their site like this?
I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this, helping and offering advice.
Server: Cloudflare server
Caching plugin: litespeed plugin
Other plugin: Cloudflare