Wordpress blog and whenever i activate cloudflare it slows down

Hello i have a wordpress blog and whenever i activate cloudflare it slows down my Wordpress website …

Anyone knows how fix this … cuz its getting nervs and im so close … to give up cloudflare. :frowning: and i dont want that

This is the website ! https://altcoin-price.com Please guys … really need some help.

Look. The TTFB of your website is just too long to bear.
Maybe you have just enabled too much wordpress plugins.

There might be also some problems with connection between Cloudflare and your server. It can be your server doesn’t have enough bandwidth or your server have trouble connecting with Cloudflare.

Here are some tips on Cloudflare settings to help you speed it up.

A lot of it will have to be done on your server though.

Also, have a look at the suggestions here:

Our server support said to contact you with this problem … i have enough badwith and and the connection is right …
this started 4 5 days agooo … i had the pluging there for a whole month … with no problem …

The GTmetrix report I linked to has quite a few suggestions and they are saying that you need to optimise WordPress and they give suggestions on you to do this.

Following their advice and with some Cloudflare caching, I was able to reduce my site from >4 seconds to ~1.2, so I would recommend starting with the suggestions there.

Looking at your site, looks like it will change very regularly, so you probably won’t be able to add too much caching at Cloudflare.

Try the Comet Cache plugin. In my client sites I found it to decrease TTFB by 90%. Your 3.2s could get down to 0.3s.

Here is an example: https://www.filtrasystems.com/news/ (ttfb = 0.09s)

Hello @shuffyjx,

it depends what your caching policy should look like. You can handle your problems with cloudflare, but you need to clearly know how quickly your page data shall outdate from any cache.

best wishes

hello :smiley: its about the TTFB and speed loading time … on my wp

Hello @shuffyjx,

it depends what your caching policy should look like.
E.g. your quotes need a short update timeframe. Other resources of the page can be even longer in the cache.
You can handle your problems with cloudflare, but you need to clearly know how quickly your page data shall outdate from any cache.
e.g. you have one api call for the quotes, 12 css calls, 23 js calls and so on. So only you as the developer can decide if and what you may cache.
You need to have a clear picture of your resources delivering to the enduser.

best wishes

1 Like