Wordpress admin panel blocked

Hello,
I had an unpleasant surprise with cloudflare this week.
First the site was down with an error 522.
I looked with my hoster. He asked me to reset the original DNS and to put cloudflare off. Miracle my site was accessible again.
I found out later that cloudflare was under maintenance.
I waited 24 hours and then I put cloudflare back on and put the cloudflare DNS back on. The site restarted with some error 522.
Now visitors can see the site but I tried to access the admin console of my site. I tried mywebsite/admin; /login and /wp-login.php. I could not reach. I changed the wp-login.php file and regenerated a .htaccess file. Nothing does it so I can access my admin console. I asked my hoster for help. He advised me again to turn off cloudflare. And boom, it works again.
So I would like to know how to keep cloudflare and have access to my admin console of my wordpress site.
I thank you in advance for your answer
Kings regards

May I ask what error do you get when you try to access WP-admin?
Only the 522, but for the admin, or generally for the whole Webste?

Kindly, do a re-check regarding the SSL settings and cookies at your origin host/server.

1. Do you have an valid SSL certificate propperly installed at your server which covers your naked domain and any other sub-domain(s)? → Was the Website working over HTTPS before moving to Cloudflare?
  2. Is Cloudflare allowed to connect to your server? → Allowing Cloudflare IP addresses – Cloudflare Help Center
  3. For the SSL, may I ask what kind of SSL option have you got selected under SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard for your domain? (Flexible, Full, Full Strict) → Step 2: Setting up SSL with Cloudflare

May I ask have you contacted the support of your hosting provider? What did they, if so, told you about any outages or some incidents?

May I suggest looking into below articles:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.