What is the name of the domain?

adatosystems.com

What is the error number?

“There has been a critical error on this website.”

What is the error message?

“There has been a critical error on this website.”

What is the issue you’re encountering

After setting up cloudflare, the admin page (wp-admin) gives the error “”

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Note that website was fine until I set up cloudflare.
Background: this is a Wordpress website hosted on IONOS.
Issue 1: I can’t get to /wp-admin. It was giving a 404, but after various steps it’s now giving “There has been a critical error on this website”.

Issue 2: I’ve disabled all plugins (by renaming the directory), but they appear to be operating when I browse the site, making me think caching is still in place.

I’ve tried development mode, pausing cloudflare, and multiple specific settings within cloudflare - access rules, SSL, etc. Not only is there no difference, there’s no visible change to the site behavior regardless of what I’ve changed.

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Set up cloudflare as DNS in IONOS, turned on the standard free features.

Screenshot of the error

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

If the same symptoms present when Cloudflare is paused, then Cloudflare cannot be the source of your issue.

1 Like

The 30 minutes on the phone with IONOS tech support and the “Oh, yes, I can see something is wrong here.” would confirm your statement.

It was just bad timing that this (hosting locking up in some way) was coincidental with me enabling cloudflare.

FWIW (and for future generations) I completely removed the site from cloudflare and the problems persisted - to the point where I removed plugins (via FTP) and they were STILL working on the live site. So nothing I was doing was reflecting in reality.

2 Likes