Wordpress Admin functions failing

We’re running a Wordpress woocommerce site and many basic backend admin functions are currently failing.

For example, every plugin that needs updating, when I click on the update information button, I receive the following error:
www occidentalleather com refused to connect.

I get a similar error when trying to access the woocommerce analytics reports.

There was an error getting your stats. Please try again.

My hosting provider indicated that these errors only occur when the requests are moving through Cloudflare. When using the hosts file, this is not the case. Here’s a screenshot of what the hosting provider said was the issue.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.26.48 AM

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Jason

www.occidentalleather.com is unproxied :grey: and therefore not related to Cloudflare, as Cloudflare just serves as “DNS Only”. It points AFAIK to WPEngine.

Your APEX domain is proxied, but as you access it over www this is not a Cloudflare issue. May I ask what lead you to believe that this is a Cloudflare issue? Any error with Cloudflares branding or any Cloudflare error code?

1 Like

Hi there -

Thanks for the reply. That’s what my hosting provider told me. They were able to bypass the dns and found no errors so they pointed towards Cloudflare. No errors that I saw said Cloudflare.

It’s all a little above my technical understanding.

Then this very sure is not related to Cloudflare.

If this red thing is the error, responsible for not loading (which I can’t confirm as I can’t log into your admin account) then this gets prevented by your security header option X-Frame-Options as it is set to “X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN”, which is the recommended setting. It will not allow any frame from another domain.

But like I said: this problem was there, when the domain was unproxied :grey: so is not related to Cloudflare.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.