Woocommerce app connection error

I’m trying to connect my website to the woocommerce app , however it says “Couldn’t connect. We received a 403 error when trying to access your site’s XMLRPC endpoint The app needs that in order to communicate with your site.”, I contacted my host and they said they didn’t know . So I’m contacting Cloudflare support. Since I just recently started using Cloudflare. Can you help me fix this issue?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you’re experiencing an issue here.

Suggestion 1

I’d suggest you to:

• Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
  • The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
  • Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
  • Do what it’s needed
  • Upon success and obtained key, un-pause

Suggestion 2

I’d suggest you to whitelist your origin host / server / hosting IP address by navigating to the Security → WAF → Tools → IP Access Rules with the action “allow” for your Website and try again.

It happens due to the WordPress using HTTP/1.0 and empty user-agent, therefore while executing WP-Cron or some other related JSON/REST API request.

Kindly, double-check for any Firewall Events at CF dashboard for your domain by navigating to the Security → WAF → Overview.

Suggestion 3

Might be either due to the security settings at Cloudflare:

1. Bot Fight Mode enabled
  2. Browser Integrity Check
  3. Origin host/server IP not allowed/whitelisted at Cloudflare
  4. Custom-made Firewall Rule

Otherwise, some plugin restricted access to the XMLRPC with the good reason and I’d suggest you to try troubleshooting and debugging WordPress and checking log files for any clue :thinking: