Will my ssl certificate automatically renew?

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name? reneefellman.com

Have you searched for an answer? yes

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results? no problem now–but certificate expires in august–want to be sure it will renew

Describe the issue you are having: none

*What error message or number are you receiving?*none

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

As long as your edge certificate is managed by Cloudflare, then it will renew. Any certificate on your origin server will not be auto-renewed by Cloudflare.

Thank you. Can you please tell me : What is an “edge certificate” and how can i tell whether mine is managed by Cloudflare?

This is the certificate that Cloudflare uses to encrypted traffic between your user and Cloudflare. You need a separate certificate to encrypt between Cloudflare and your origin server.

If you go here, there should be a certificate with a type of Universal. It will also have expired on and next to it should be managed. As long as you have that, then the edge cert will renew.

This is what it should look like:

Thank you so much for your help! Are you able to see this page: redacted If so, can you tell me whether I need/should enable HSTS? could any problem be caused by doing that? FYI: my website is my business life, so I cannot risk any problems-- could any problem be caused if I enable that? would it keep legitimate potential clients from viewing the site? Do I need to check with my webhost first to see what they have? any danger of a conflict with what they have?

HSTS forces all connections with your website to use HTTPS and thus comes with an additional security benefit. The biggest downside of HSTS is that if your website doesn’t have a valid SSL/TLS certificate, your website will be unavailable to be visited for at least the max-age value you have set in your HSTS policy (but potentially even longer, such as when your domain is on browsers’ HSTS preload lists).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.