Will CF Stop Supporting Global API Key For Authorization?

Hey everyone!

I’m building a CLI tool that gives users the ability to add to their CF Workers directly from their command line and it has become apparent to me that through CF’s API users can be authorized in two different ways. The first is through the use of an API Token, which requires one to manually input various settings and permissions. The second is through the Global API Key, which is much easier to obtain and use.

I have found that interacting through CF’s API by using the Global API Key is considered to legacy in one of CF’s documentation pages. I was wondering if CF has any plan to stop supporting the interaction and authorization with its API through the use of the Global API Key.

Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I’m building a CLI tool and I was wondering if there’s an easy way to get users authorized to be able to interact with their CF accounts through the CLI tool as Wrangler does.

Is there a way to send users to the browser like Wrangler does with all of the token information already entered and the only thing users have to do is click a button to accept to generate the API token, or do I have to route users to CF’s site and have them manually set up all of the token information to generate the API token?

Thanks!