WildCard SSL for the Domain

I Have a domain in Cloudflare … The issue is, how can I implement a wildcard SSL for the domain ( the domain is pointing to the IP of the dedicated server). Do i need to purchase an external wildcard ssl or is it possible to purchase from Cloudflare itself.i am totally confused
Please help me on it

2 Likes

Are we talking about proxied records or records pointing straight to your server?

0 Likes

pointed to the direct server with an A record. Do the Cloudflare providing a wildcard SSL for the domain? or do i need to purchase it separately?

1 Like

In this case that is entirely up to you. Cloudflare wont play any part here. You can choose whatever certificate you wish.

1 Like

and what does this it mean?

0 Likes

These are edge certificates. They only apply to proxied records.

0 Likes

and also i can see an option in cloudflare like

is that support wildcard domains such as *.example.com?

and what is this
edge certificates means?

0 Likes

You already have a dedicated certificate, but again, these only apply to proxied records which you do not seem to intend to use.

0 Likes

well, Well so can you suggest me a solution . if i write a scenario here?

0 Likes

A solution for what? You simply need a wildcard certificate on your server, that can be any out there. Paid or LetsEncrypt.

0 Likes

Also, your records currently are proxied. Are you going to unproxy them?

1 Like

i have a domain with .example.com . and the apache ubuntu server is hosted in aws and the same pointed with a ip through cloudflare . so do i need to get a external wild card ssl to work this domain like (.example.com)?
cloudflare wont provide any wildcard ssl for this domain?

0 Likes

Again, if you dont proxy, as you said, Cloudflare has no part here whatsoever. But as of my previous response your earlier statement is not clear anymore. Please address that first.

0 Likes

yes suggest to get unproxied

0 Likes

how to get it proxied?

0 Likes

All right, non-proxied it is.

Though, again, in this case the situation I earlier described still does apply. Cloudflare wont deal with your SSL at all. That will be purely down to your server configuration. You need to get a wildcard certificate from some CA and configure it properly on your server.

0 Likes

and what does this mean Origin certificates?

0 Likes

Origin certificates are again only valid in a proxied context.

0 Likes

proxied context means.??

0 Likes

When you proxy your site.

0 Likes