Wildcard/RegEx matching with Cloudflare Email routing

Hi,

Is it possible to do wildcard or RegEx matching with Cloudflare email routing?

I understand that wildcard routing is possible with Page Rules, like *domain.com/*$1domain.net/$2

Would be good to have the same ability here too.

Thanks,

Hi,

It’s not currently possible but it’s being considered.
Could you please share more details about your use-case (feel free to DM me if you prefer)?

1 Like

This would be great. The main use for me would be to alias an entire domain without creating individual per-user forwards - so *@domain1.com > [email protected].

2 Likes

Hi,

Multiple use cases really:

1. Definitely this:
  1. Redirecting a whole subdomain, like so:
    *@events.domain.com > [email protected]

2. Change in email address structure/services:
    notification.service.*@domain.com > [email protected]
    So, when users respond to old emails, their emails will be routed appropriately to the new service.

I’ve had clients with the use cases above, would’ve been good to have a simple redirection service like this to resolve that.

Thanks,

1 Like

I’m also interested in this for the use case of gmail-style addressing ([email protected]). Wildcard is useful because some sites block plus symbols in email addresses, so I use [email protected] with my current provider - this would be awesome to replicate with cloudflare.

2 Likes

+1 for wildcard redirects - has there been any more movement on this one?

The primary reason I desire this to be able to migrate my domain off of qmail.

The problem I have is that many of my users came to rely on .qmail- especially .qmail-default which would enable them to manage mail sent to user- (or user- with default). Regex would enable me to continue to forward their mail correctly with a single rule per user of ‘user(-.*)[email protected]’. I can do this with google workspace email routing, so was hoping I could do this with cloudflare as well.