Why was my domain deleted?

Just now I founded that a domain hosted by cloudflare disappeared from the domain name list.
I checked my inbox and there was no email of abnormal cloudflare login.

I am sure that I did not perform the deletion operation, and my inbox did not receive the notification email of domain deletion.

Then I checked the audit log and found that a request to delete the domain name was sent from my account on May 27th(Below Screenshot). The user IP displayed is 127.0.0.1.

The problem now is that I want to re-add this domain name, but I need to verify that the DNS server is cloudflare. I has been transfered the domain register to cloudflare, So I need active this domain in cloudflare to change the DNS server.

The DNS server used by cloudflare for the domain name two months ago is no longer available today(jerry.ns.cloudflare.com, meg.ns.cloudflare.com), so I cannot make this domain name pass the cloudflare certification.

Hi @wincerchan ,
If the domain is/was registered with Cloudflare Registrar, you will probably need to open a ticket to have this looked into.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Thanks for the reply. I opened a ticket: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/requests/2173622

1 Like

It looked like the domain name servers were never changed to those in your account and as such the domain was not active and after a period of time it was auto removed from your account. On further investigation the zone was added/deleted/added to your account several times. At one point the name servers were confirmed and the domain was transferred to cloudflare registrar. But, then the zone shows as moved. I have added myself to your ticket and added a link to this conversation. Sorry for the issues you’re hitting.

3 Likes

Thanks for reply.
I managed the domain through cloudflare partner earlier, and later I didn’t want to use cloudflare parter, so it would cause the zone was added/deleted/added several times.
The key point is that my current domain registrar is cloudflare, and domain nameserver is cloudflare, but I cannot activate my domain through cloudflare, which makes me feel very strange.
Anyway, thanks for helps.

Hi @wincerchan. I will need to get back to you on the ticket in relation to this.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.