Why so many domains are not resolved by 1.1.1.1

Hi,

Recently I’ve been having soooo many issues with 1.1.1.1 . Even cloudflare.com is not resolved by 1.1.1.1.
I’ve forced my Firefox to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 via TRR.
My Chrome is using 8.8.8.8 as default.

I’ve been seeing A LOT of failed lookups in Firefox while had everything working perfectly with Chrome. I did some testing (I live in Malaysia) and here are some examples:

C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup cloudflare.com 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

*** one.one.one.one can't find cloudflare.com: Server failed

C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup cloudflare.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    cloudflare.com
Addresses:  2606:4700::6811:af55
          2606:4700::6811:b055
          104.17.175.85
          104.17.176.85


C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup concursolutions.com 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

*** one.one.one.one can't find concursolutions.com: Server failed

C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup concursolutions.com 8.8.8.8
Server:  dns.google
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    concursolutions.com
Address:  60.254.134.135

I have dozen’s of examples which do not resolve in 1.1.1.1 but work fine with Google DNS.

Am I doing something wrong?
Tomasz

Cloudflare’s DNS doesnt seem to work at all for you.

What does this return?

nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.1.1.1

tracert 1.1.1.1

nslookup cloudflare.com 1.0.0.1

powershell "(Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri 'https://1.1.1.1/dns-query?name=cloudflare.com' -Headers @{'Accept' = 'application/dns-json'}).RawContent"

powershell "(Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Uri 'https://1.0.0.1/dns-query?name=cloudflare.com' -Headers @{'Accept' = 'application/dns-json'}).RawContent"

Hi,
Cloudflare works for many domains but it also fails for many which should have no issues at all (such as Concur by SAP). See this, for example:
> C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup onet.pl 1.1.1.1
> Server: one.one.one.one
> Address: 1.1.1.1
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name: onet.pl
> Address: 213.180.141.140
>
>
> C:\Users\Tomasz>nslookup uipath.com 1.1.1.1
> Server: one.one.one.one
> Address: 1.1.1.1
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name: uipath.com
> Addresses: 2606:4700::6813:fc09
> 2606:4700::6813:fb09
> 104.19.252.9
> 104.19.251.9

I will run your script and come back asap.

Hi again,

Just to let you know, since my report, some of the domains are resolved properly (e.g. cloudflare). I didn’t change anything on my side so I guess DNS seems to be resolving them correctly now.

I was unable to post response as it has too many links (new users can only post with max 2 links).
Script result is available here: https://pastebin.com/LtFgps5H

Regards

Yes, looks all right.