Why is my Site's SSL Certificate Showing Cloudflare and not my website's?

Hello guys,

I am new to Cloudflare so please bear with me.

We have a website that has SSL certificate installed by our hosting provider, my question is why is the SSL Certificate showing in the address show Cloudflare’s and not our site website’s? I’ve attached a screenshot:

Is there a way I can change this so the certificate will show our website and covers all of the possible subdomain entries (wildcard) ?

Thank you in advance for the answer.

Sincerely,

Anisya1

Cloudflare is a reverse proxy. so it’s what your visitors connect to to get to your site. As such, Cloudflare needs a front-end certificate so your visitors can securely connect.

Business and Enterprise plans can install their own certificates on Cloudflare.

The certificate Cloudflare issues for you is a wildcard certificate that covers your root domain, and at the subdomain level, though not sub-subdomains.

Hi sdayman,

Thank you for responding. So the steps would be:

1. Upgrade Cloudflare account to Business/Enterprise Plan
  2. Once on the Business/Enterprise plan, install the certificate provided by our hosting company?

By the way our hosting company is Siteground which they say they are partners with Cloudflare.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Anisya1

1. Yep, Business plan will do it…for $200/month. What’s wrong with the free Universal SSL certificate?
  2. You’ll need the Private Key, and the Certificate itself:

Hi sdayman,

What’s wrong with the free Universal SSL certificate?

• We are trying to address an issue on SEMRush’s site audit with the incorrect SSL certificate.

Any comment on this one? We’d really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Anisya1

You can get the dedicated certificate for $5/month. It will only have your domain on it. I do this for my sites for cleaner certificates.

Hi sdayman,

$5/month would be ideal compared to that $200/month (which could get us bankrupt!).

Where can I get that $5/month please?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Anisya1

It’s on your Cloudflare Crypto settings page in the Edge Certificates section. The $5 one is good. No need for the Custom Hostnames.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.